Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] dumb NMOC

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:45:37 +0300

Janice wrote:

 >For all you activists out there, in case you haven't heard, our wonderful
U.S. "president", George "dumya" Bush, has decided that the solution for
preventing forest >fires is to cut down the trees!

That's a brilliant plan - cutting down the trees guarantees the damn things
won't spontaneously burst into flames ever again. Getting rid of the
forests also makes is possible to build more golf courses, and especially
freeways. I've read that trees grow back when cut down - so it would make
sense to cover the area with asphalt. That'd guarantee a safe future for
our children, and people would be able to live in a safe environment where
natural hazards such as squirrels and nightingales won't cause problems. I
read somewhere that there are more trees than people in the world - time to
sharpen our axes so we can change that horror. Forests are a natural
resource which means they must be exploited - they don't benefit anyone if
they just grow vertically.

It would also be possible to link the forest fires with international
affairs - it wouldn't be hard to arrange the discovery of yet another
Suspicious Videotape(tm) where nasty looking people discuss their secret
but videotaped plans to burn some wood.

Jussi