Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] All this political infighting! (whatever happened to NMOC?)

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:26:47 -0400

constructive.  A bunch of academics, professionals, and otherwise
intelligent folk screaming profane things at each other based on sweeping
generalizations is exactly the kind of fractionating bullshit that feeds
the beasts we all profess to despise.  If you don't think the right-wing
wackos and Asscroftonians love it when liberals and radicals mount an
autoimmune response to important issues, then listen to Rush Limbaugh or
pick up Lars Larson on the web sometime!

The tone of this recent exchange puts me in mind of a Remo Phillips comic
routine where two guys are on top of a building, and one wants to
jump.  They get all chummy when they realize that they are of the same
subsect of the same branch of the same denomination of the same protestant
faith.  But then the counselor asks "Council of 1876 or council of
1912".  The would-be suicide replies "1912", at which point the counselor
throws him off screaming "die heretic!".

Personally, I'd much rather we mounted an e-mail campaign on Total
Guitar.  Any set of fools that would put Hendrix to number 1 without naming
an important and still performing mentor of Hendrix (Dick Dale) to their
list need a reeducation campaign.

Oh yeah, Damien - thanks for the comedy break.  Now back to the regularly
scheduled programming ...

Kate

At 02:44 AM 8/13/02 -0400, GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:
>Gee, I came here to talk about Midnight Oil with like-minded folk.
>Having said that, I will add these two cents and then be done with it:

Kate Parker Adams
kate@dnki.net
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)
go Out Of Mind ... http://www.kpasoutput.blogspot.com
the least bit constructive.&nbsp; A bunch of academics, professionals,
and otherwise intelligent folk screaming profane things at each other
based on sweeping generalizations is exactly the kind of fractionating
bullshit that feeds the beasts we all profess to despise.&nbsp; If you
don't think the right-wing wackos and Asscroftonians love it when
liberals and radicals mount an autoimmune response to important issues,
then listen to Rush Limbaugh or pick up Lars Larson on the web
sometime!<br>
The tone of this recent exchange puts me in mind of a Remo Phillips comic
routine where two guys are on top of a building, and one wants to
jump.&nbsp; They get all chummy when they realize that they are of the
same subsect of the same branch of the same denomination of the same
protestant faith.&nbsp; But then the counselor asks &quot;Council of 1876
or council of 1912&quot;.&nbsp; The would-be suicide replies
&quot;1912&quot;, at which point the counselor throws him off screaming
&quot;die heretic!&quot;.<br>
Personally, I'd much rather we mounted an e-mail campaign on Total
Guitar.&nbsp; Any set of fools that would put Hendrix to number 1 without
naming an important and still performing mentor of Hendrix (Dick Dale) to
their list need a reeducation campaign.<br>
Oh yeah, Damien - thanks for the comedy break.&nbsp; Now back to the
regularly scheduled programming ...<br>
Kate<br>
At 02:44 AM 8/13/02 -0400, GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:<br>
came here to talk about Midnight Oil with like-minded folk.<br>
Having said that, I will add these two cents and then be done with
it:</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Kate Parker Adams<br>
kate@dnki.net<br>
&quot;She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,<br>
She's gonna dream out loud&quot; - U2 (Zooropa)<br>
go Out Of Mind ...