Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Live At The Cold Chapel / MTV Unplugged videos

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

I threw every trick I know at the Chapel videos - no luck. after
much effort here is my conclusion:
these files (captured by Andrei) are encoded using a Microsoft codec
called wmv2. it is a high compression codec designed for streaming.
converting it to any other format simply produces crap because of
the high compression. the Chapel show I treed recently was extracted
out of these files and even after serious sound editing only
produced an average sounding show.

I am not sure what the format of the MTV unplugged show. if you can
send me a sample file (ftp site has not been kind to me lately) I
can take a look at it. I have it on tape but sadly it is in PAL
format and I do not yet own a stereo multi system VCR.

=====
Miron

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
(Midnight Oil)