Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 20,000 Watt RSL Title - Meaning

Dan Brunner dbrunner@execpc.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:34:42 -0400

I'm not sure if this was difinitively answered or not, but I found this
today while reading an MTV online chat that was archived somewhere.  My
apologies if this was answered already.

Question: explain the title of your greatest hits package
Rob Hirst:: The title was one by Jim Moginie. I think it refers to all
the time the band has spent (in fact every Australian band from AC-DC
onwards.) in the clubs, pubs and RSLs (Returned Servicemen's League-
Clubs for war veterans.) of Australia, and the size of the PAs! And
general blood sweat and tears of these Aussie icons.

--
Dan Brunner
dbrunner@execpc.com