Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: NMOC Frenchies are not fascist !!!

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:35:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would agree that to classify the entire French nation as facist is
wrong, even after the recent elections result.

What disturbs me is the following: if Jean-Marie Le Pen had on his
platform to murder all people called Jacques, I am sure no one would
vote for him. So his platform, despite being a fascist one, is still
appealing enough to voters. There are fascists in France (like any
other nation) but they are not 16% - so who voted for him? Plenty of
middle-of-the-road French who do not find his platform repulsive
enough to say "I will never ever vote for him, not even as a protest
vote". So while Frenchies are not yet fascist, if Le Pen wins, they
will be. So all our support should go to the people who are now
protesting in the streets of France against Le Pen. We can't
physically be there to help them, but we will be in spirit.

Miron