Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Midnight Oil Show Spamming

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:38:36 +0100 (BST)

On Apr 6, brian perkins wrote:

> Anyone else here getting spammed by the Oils cover
> band? Somewhat annoying aint it? How'd they get my
> addy anyway? Through p-works??? That's not a good
> thing... Besides, if I was to get all the way to
> Australia, it'd be to see The Real Thing, and not a
> cover band as good/bad as they may be. So their
> marketing efforts are missing the target by about, oh
> say, a hemisphere or so........

Yep, I did get messages from The Midnight Oil Show for a while to my
"webmaster" email address. I wrote back, thanked Darren (it is Darren
isn't it?) for the link to his site, but asked that he stopped sending me
the messages, as they had approached the point of becoming spam.

I also note the recent message he sent to the list, containing a link to a
Rob Hirst interview. I was somewhat annoyed to see that the majority of
his email consisted of a blatant advert. While I appreciate the link, I
don't appreciate the act of slipping it in with a piece of information.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk