Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] another review

Janice Coleman jec_coleman@hotmail.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 21:29:07 -0500

I am not sure this was posted or not, but when Capricornia came out, there
was a not-so-good review about it in the Washington Post.  Basically, the
reviewer did not like it because he didn't understand the lyrics.  I don't
always understand all the lyrics as well because I am not from Australia.  A
lot of MO's lyrics have to do with Australian policies -- some more well
known in America, like the plight of the Aborigines, but some not so well
known, like Pine Gap (even though it has to do with America!)  So my
suggestion to those "reviewers" is to do a little bit of research before
judging things they do not understand.  Especially when they comment on not
putting their hearts into it!
Janice