Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] OILS/INXS/MARILLION (NMOC)

Dale Ortiz dancingtoad69@hotmail.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:50:45 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C1DB51.39F388A0

Another example, would be Bad Company. They were the product of Free, Mot=
t The Hoople, and King Krimson members. Free officially disbanded after g=
uitarist Paul Kosoff's demise. Paul Rodgers & Simon Kirke from Free hooke=
d up with Mott the Hoople's Mick Ralphs (Who departed Mott due to song wr=
iting differences) and they eventually added former Crimson bassist Boz B=
urrell, after about 17 auditions. Of cours, they went on to super stardom=
. In '82 they split up. Mick & Simon reformed Bad Co. w/ new members, on =
two or three occassions, before everyone reurned in '98-99 for the Origin=
al Bad Co. reunion. While Rodgers was out. Brian Howe filled in (I bought=
 a Best of Bad Co. Live cassette. There is a pic on the front, and I'm th=
inking: "That's not Paul".. It was from '93). Brian Howe does a good job =
on his own songs, that he wrote, but really screws up the classic stuff, =
especially Shooting Star. He's a fine vocal talent & song writer, but no =
Paul Rodgers. My sister & I passed up a Bad Co. show, last year. Mostly h=
er choice, but big mistake, nonetheless. Styxx & Billy Squier played w/ t=
hem. Styxx is w/o Dennis DeYoung, because he promised them a new album, b=
ut worked on a solo. I saw a pic of Badco, and only recognized Paul & Sim=
on... One guy kind of looked like Mick, but there was no Boz. Get more fr=
om the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C1DB51.39F388A0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Another exampl=
e, would be Bad Company. They were the product of Free, Mott The Hoople, =
and King Krimson members. Free officially disbanded after guitarist Paul =
Kosoff's demise. Paul Rodgers &amp; Simon Kirke from Free hooked up with =
Mott the Hoople's Mick Ralphs (Who departed Mott due to song writing diff=
erences) and they eventually added former&nbsp;Crimson bassist Boz Burrel=
l, after about 17 auditions. Of cours, they went on to super stardom. In&=
nbsp;'82 they split up. Mick &amp; Simon reformed Bad Co. w/ new members,=
 on two or three occassions, before everyone reurned in '98-99 for the Or=
iginal Bad Co. reunion. While Rodgers was out. Brian Howe filled in (I bo=
ught a Best of Bad Co. Live cassette. There is a pic on the front, and I'=
m thinking: "That's not Paul".. It was from '93). Brian Howe does a good =
job on his own songs, that he wrote, but really screws up the classic stu=
ff, especially Shooting Star. He's a fine vocal talent &amp; song writer,=
 but no Paul Rodgers. My sister &amp; I passed up a Bad Co.&nbsp;show, la=
st year. Mostly her choice, but big mistake, nonetheless. Styxx &amp; Bil=
ly Squier played w/ them. Styxx is w/o Dennis DeYoung, because he promise=
d them a new album, but worked on a solo.&nbsp;I saw a pic of Badco, and =
only recognized Paul &amp; Simon... One guy kind of looked like Mick, but=
 there was no&nbsp;Boz.&nbsp;<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall>=
<hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http:=

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C1DB51.39F388A0--