Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re:Deep Purple singers

Dave Schultz dschultz29@hotmail.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:04:38 -0500

Hey guys & gals,

Apologies if this has been answered already (alot to read today!)

> > Ian Gillan, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes and one more. His name?
>anyone?
> > Bruce?
>
>Joe Lynn Turner for a while, I believe... and there was the first guy who
>sang that I canīt remember his name but i can check out...
>i donīt believe glenn hughes was a lead singer though... ;)

Right you are, Clarissa. Hughes played bass.
DP's lead singers, in order were:
Rod Evans (1st 3 lps), Ian Gillan, David Coverdale, Gillan again, and Joe
Lynn Turner, as you said only for a while ('89-'93- I mean, that hardly
counts), and Gillan yet again.

BTW, does anyone else here know the excellent www.allmusic.com ? Has
practically everything you could want to know about practically every artist
practically everywhere. Hardly a day goes by I don't look something up on
it. (Though my source on the above was again the Rolling Stone R'n'R
Encyclopedia.) I can't believe I gotta be up in 5 hours. Must go to bed.

Cheers,                             Dave