Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Introduction

Karena Hoyer Karena Hoyer" <karena@frenzmail.net
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:46:47 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1DAA9.0910AAE0

Hi Powderworkers,

Thought I should introduce myself to everyone, I've been lurking in the =
wings for nearly a month now.

Let me start by saying this is the busiest music list I'm on! Phew!

Hi! My name's Karena Hoyer, I herald from the beautiful NSW city of =
Wollongong, I'm just a youngen of 23, but I'm sure there are many people =
here younger than myself. Been a fan of the Oils all my life.

Met a few of you at one of the Metro shows last year - you were in your =
Powderworks T-shirts, whilst we were waiting at the door.

Anyway, this is a great list from what I've seen so far - looking =
forward to getting involved in the discussions at some stage!

I also run an Australasian music website - Between Two Shores - =
http://b2s_oz_nz.tripod.com/ - I'm sure some of you may have already =
seen it. There's lots of photos and stuff up there, including some =
recent Oils footage from their recent appearance at Bird's Big Burn Out =
- it was a benefit concert to raise money for Dave Twohill, Mental As =
Anything's drummer whose house was reduced to ashes in the =
December/January NSW Bushfires. If you were there, you would've seen me, =
I was selling the T-shirts/raffle tickets and taking photos in between =
all of that as well. It was an interesting show from the boys - no =
Peter, all instrumental apart from Rob doing When The Generals Talk - =
which was a treat - the whole gig was excellent! Great to hear all the =
songs like that. Don't know if it's been mentioned here or not - joined =
a week or so after the show. Oh yeah, the photos are at the link below.

http://members.tripod.com/b2s_oz_nz/id426.htm

Enough of my wind-bagging, love Capricornia and looking forward to some =
return shows in Oz again!

See ya 'round
Karena

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1DAA9.0910AAE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Powderworkers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thought I should introduce myself to =
everyone, I've=20
been lurking in the wings for nearly a month now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let me start by saying this is the =
busiest music=20
list I'm on! Phew!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi! My name's Karena Hoyer, I herald =
from the=20
beautiful NSW city of Wollongong, I'm just a youngen of 23, but I'm sure =
there=20
are many people here younger than myself. Been a fan of the Oils all my=20
life.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Met a few of you at one of the Metro =
shows last=20
year - you were in your Powderworks T-shirts, whilst we were waiting at =
the=20
door.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway, this is a great list from what =
I've seen so=20
far - looking forward to getting involved in the discussions at some=20
stage!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also run an Australasian music =
website - Between=20
Two Shores - <A=20
href=3D"http://b2s_oz_nz.tripod.com/">http://b2s_oz_nz.tripod.com/</A> - =
I'm sure=20
some of you may have already seen it. There's lots of photos and stuff =
up there,=20
including some recent Oils footage from their recent appearance at =
Bird's Big=20
Burn Out - it was a benefit concert to raise money for Dave Twohill, =
Mental As=20
Anything's drummer whose house was reduced to ashes in the =
December/January NSW=20
Bushfires. If you were there, you would've seen me, I was selling the=20
T-shirts/raffle tickets and taking photos in between all of that as =
well. It was=20
an interesting show from the boys - no Peter, all instrumental apart =
from Rob=20
doing When The Generals Talk - which was a treat - the whole gig was =
excellent!=20
Great to hear all the songs like that. Don't know if it's been mentioned =
here or=20
not - joined a week or so after the show. Oh yeah, the photos are at the =
link=20
below.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://members.tripod.com/b2s_oz_nz/id426.htm">http://members.tri=
pod.com/b2s_oz_nz/id426.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Enough of my wind-bagging, love =
Capricornia and=20
looking forward to some return shows in Oz again!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>See ya 'round</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Karena</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C1DAA9.0910AAE0--