Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Iron Maiden

Jonathan Hart midnightoil@shaw.ca
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:36:11 -0700

Paul Di'anno left/was pushed out of Iron Maiden due to big problems with
alcohol.  The rest, as they say, is history!

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Dave Schultz
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 5:20 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Re:New lead singers

Hey Stephen et al.,

>I agree with what Dave is saying. I was just using Genesis & Van Halen as
>examples. My
>point was that Genesis were an awful lot more popular with their
>replacement singer,
>which in my opinion is unfortunate as Peter Gabriel was a better
>singer/performer.

Ok, we're agreed. Just seemed you were ignoring the Gabriel era, which is
the only Genesis you'll ever catch me listened to (unless some idiot at work
has the radio on- although that would technically be just hearing).

>Van Halen. I don't think any of their incarnations were really any good.

Again, agreed!

>Another group with multiple lead singers is Iron Maiden. Again, I am not a
>fan of them,
>but they were at their most popular with their second singer Bruce
>Dickenson. I think
>their first singer, Robert Di'annio (not sure about the name),
>died....though I'm not sure
>why.

close... Paul Di'anno, but he appears to still be alive... no details here
of why he left. BTW, I must stress that I too am not an Iron Maiden fan in
any way, shape or form, I just have a copy of the Rolling Stone Rock 'n'
Roll Encyclopedia & figure I might as well use it, even to spread knowledge
about stupid bands.

Let's hope
>the job is never EVER given to Phil Collins or Sting. They might as well
>let Boyzone or
>N*sync do it.

*Guffaw*