Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Friday at Paramatta Leagues

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 04:14:37 -0500

> Very quick review of Paramatta: obviously the football of any
> description
> was not mentioned (for those ouside Australia, this weekend
> is "Grand Final
> Weekend" - the equivalent of the Superbowl / FA Cup final -
> for both Rugby
> League & Australian Rules; and Paramatta just happen to be in
> one of the
> finals). Apart from the footie, Pete didn't have as much as
> normal to say.

On Friday PG talked up Parra's chance's in the grand final and got a rousing
reception. Sunk the boot into Rupert Murdoch again as he has done in the
past

> The set list was long, but a similar mix to the other
> concerts of new album
> and older stuff.

Gotta love the habit of performing 2 encores they've been getting into
recently. On Friday, we were blessed with the GREATEST  version of Best of
Both Worlds i've ever heard. It was Rob circa 1985 belting the smithereens
out of the drums and how the hell Martin makes his axe sound like the brass
section of an orchestra i'll never know.............

Vince