Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Clutch Cargoes/Michigan Show

M West mwest@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 00:21:32 +0100

--MS_Mac_OE_3087418892_279518_MIME_Part

Clutch Cargo Show=ADMichigan

Much larger than the Cleveland Show in an abandoned church converted to a
nightclub.
More of a college crowd because Ann Arbor (Michigan) is nearby. Met Melissa
there
along with Jim and Cathy-they were right up front. Hi Melissa!
Melissa nabbed a drumstick that looked like it bounced off a few wedge
speakers
in front before she got it, and Jim got one too. Finally got to go to an
Oils show with
my wife...She was really impressed. She loved Rob (mental note: gotta get o=
fitness program...) his energy and also, more for his attitude. She said he
was having
the time of his life up there. She thought Pete was "a little too much with
those hand
gestures and dancing" but she really liked the show. She can be counted as =
fan.

Music. The crowd seemed to sing more along with the songs than Cleveland.
There was more enthusiasm, and I swear the band sensed this and worked
harder.
They played Stars of Warburton-(one of my favorite songs) and the line "fro=
white
cross to michigan" got a great cheer. Funny quip about Limp Biskit living i=
houses
in Florida-and something like "No Plastic Surgery Here!". Also poked fun at
themselves
by saying they had been busy, and that they had fallen off the low end of
the Richter Scale
of the Entertainment World which got a chuckle from Jim...Pete also said
that they
"went with their instincts instead of the influence of external forces". I
have to wonder
if this is a reference to Sony's demands versus what they felt was right fo=
them.
Jim brought out this gorgeous red and orange Rickenbacker to play Golden
Age.
I love this song. I find myself humming it even now after the concert.
Pete seemed really interested in the audience's reaction to this song=ADthere
was a pause
after the song where he looked out and cocked his head to the side listenin=
to the cheers
after the song ended. Fashion note: Pete had an orange shirt on, like in th=
blue sky mine video, only without the insignia. Everyone had reddish pants
on except Rob and Bones. Martin wears Vans!

Here is a set list though details are sketchy.
Melissa and Jim please correct me if the order is off:

Redneck Wonderland
Stars of Warburton (favorite)
Too Much Sunshine
(sounded clearer than Cleveland. I thought it
was an older song from way back)
Beds
Warrakurna
Dead Heart
Short Memory (crowd cheered at Afghanistan reference)
King of the Mountain
Truganini
Say Your Prayers
Golden Age
Put Down that Weapon
Sometimes
Dreamworld

encore 1
Forgotten Years
Mosquito March

encore 2?
Hercules
Read About It

I guess that about sums it up. It was my second show (two back to back).
Really was exhausted. I am going to be SO ready to see them in Spring.
One thought hit me. If Capricornia takes off, they might not tour small
clubs this spring so enjoy these shows while you can!

Mike

--MS_Mac_OE_3087418892_279518_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Clutch Cargoes/Michigan Show</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">Clutch Cargo Show=ADMichigan<BR>
<BR>
Much larger than the Cleveland Show in an abandoned church converted to a n=
ightclub.<BR>
More of a college crowd because Ann Arbor (Michigan) is nearby. Met Melissa=
 there <BR>
along with Jim and Cathy-they were right up front. Hi Melissa!<BR>
Melissa nabbed a drumstick that looked like it bounced off a few wedge spea=
kers<BR>
in front before she got it, and Jim got one too. Finally got to go to an Oi=
ls show with<BR>
my wife...She was really impressed. She loved Rob (mental note: gotta get o=
n a <BR>
fitness program...) his energy and also, more for his attitude. She said he=
 was having <BR>
the time of his life up there. She thought Pete was &quot;a little too much=
 with those hand <BR>
gestures and dancing&quot; but she really liked the show. She can be counte=
d as a fan.<BR>
<BR>
Music. The crowd seemed to sing more along with the songs than Cleveland. <=

There was more enthusiasm, and I swear the band sensed this and worked hard=
er.<BR>
They played Stars of Warburton-(one of my favorite songs) and the line &quo=
t;from white <BR>
cross to michigan&quot; got a great cheer. Funny quip about Limp Biskit liv=
ing in houses <BR>
in Florida-and something like &quot;No Plastic Surgery Here!&quot;. Also po=
ked fun at themselves <BR>
by saying they had been busy, and that they had fallen off the low end of t=
he Richter Scale <BR>
of the Entertainment World which got a chuckle from Jim...Pete also said th=
at they <BR>
&quot;went with their instincts instead of the influence of external forces=
&quot;. I have to wonder <BR>
if this is a reference to Sony's demands versus what they felt was right fo=
r them.<BR>
Jim brought out this gorgeous red and orange Rickenbacker to play Golden Ag=
e. <BR>
I love this song. I find myself humming it even now after the concert. <BR>
Pete seemed really interested in the audience's reaction to this song=ADthere=
 was a pause <BR>
after the song where he looked out and cocked his head to the side listenin=
g to the cheers<BR>
after the song ended. Fashion note: Pete had an orange shirt on, like in th=
e <BR>
blue sky mine video, only without the insignia. Everyone had reddish pants =
<BR>
on except Rob and Bones. Martin wears Vans!<BR>
<BR>
Here is a set list though details are sketchy.<BR>
Melissa and Jim please correct me if the order is off:<BR>
<BR>
Redneck Wonderland<BR>
Stars of Warburton (favorite)<BR>
Too Much Sunshine<BR>
<I>(sounded clearer than Cleveland. I thought it <BR>
was an older song from way back)<BR>
</I>Beds<BR>
Warrakurna<BR>
Dead Heart<BR>
Short Memory (crowd cheered at Afghanistan reference)<BR>
King of the Mountain<BR>
Truganini<BR>
Say Your Prayers<BR>
Golden Age<BR>
Put Down that Weapon<BR>
Sometimes<BR>
Dreamworld<BR>
<BR>
encore 1<BR>
Forgotten Years<BR>
Mosquito March<BR>
<BR>
encore 2?<BR>
Hercules<BR>
Read About It<BR>
<BR>
I guess that about sums it up. It was my second show (two back to back).<BR=

Really was exhausted. I am going to be SO ready to see them in Spring.<BR>
One thought hit me. If Capricornia takes off, they might not tour small<BR>
clubs this spring so enjoy these shows while you can!<BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3087418892_279518_MIME_Part--