Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] How do I unsubscribe?

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:55:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 31, Renato Antonio Veneroso da Fonseca wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what I should do to unsubscribe Powderworks? That thing of
> sending a message to Majordomo@cs.colorado.edu with "unsubscribe powderworks"
> in the body of the message doesn't work (powderworks list is unknown).

> I can subscribe to the list but I can't unsubscribe.

I posted these instructions a few weeks ago...

"Folks - these are general instructions for unsubscribing on the new
system: -

To unsubscribe from Powderworks you need to know your password - the
password is mailed out to you once a month as far as I am aware. If you
haven't got a copy you can get it by following these instructions...

bottom is a section called "Powderworks Subscribers" - put in your email
address (the address you receive Powderworks messages to) beside the
"Edit Options" button, and press the button.

You are brought to a page marked "Powderworks Configuration for <email
address>" - at the section marked "Your Powderworks Password" you should
press the button "Email My Password To Me" - your password will be
emailed out to you.

When you get it, come back to the "Powderworks Configuration for <email
address>" page, fill your password into the "Unsubscribing from
Powderworks" section and press the "Unsubscribe" button."

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk