Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Toronto show

Trevor Arndt arnd1010@mach1.wlu.ca
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:24:10 -0600

Ran into a girl who worked the coatcheck at the Warehouse (Toronto) the next
day, in Waterloo (small world). She said that the venue sold only 400 tickets
and they had to give 800 away for free just to fill the place up! (and that
"tips sucked," but that's besides the point). Anyhoo, if this is true, it may
account for the Oils not being quite themselves that evening (I found the first
few songs a little sluggish, particularly Bullroarer). But overall, the band
rocked. And I'm glad I could get a couple things signed by the band (esp. a
Ghostwriters CD by Rob). 'Til next time, Trevor.