Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Milwaukee Show -

dbrunner@execpc.com dbrunner@execpc.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:06:03 -0500 (CDT)

The Milwaukee Show was awesome.  The sound was a little muddy, but
otherwise ok.  My favs were Sometimes, and Read About It.  The new
songs were really good, especially Too Much Sunshine.  I was a little
disappointed that they skipped Hercules.  But I felt better when they
did In the Valley for the 2nd encore.  It is a great song.

When my brother and I arrived around 7:15, we waited outside the tour
bus.  A few minutes later they came out and headed for the building.
Someone with them said no photos before the show :(.  We, along with
maybe 5 others, were able to get photos, albums, programs, signed by
the band and chatted briefly with them.  They are all really nice
guys.  I had a promo photo and got signatures from everyone but Bones.
He wasn't there.

After the show we waited by the busses again, but the security hacks
kept us on the sidewalk.  Pete quickly entered the bus, but Martin
stopped and signed for 2 people nearer the bus.  Rob then came out and
someone called his name.  He walked over and talked to us for 5
minutes, and posed for a photo.  He asked us why we were all standing
on the sidewalk and made fun of securities "line in the sand".  The
security nazis came over and told everyone to get back on the
sidewalk.  Rob quickly jumped onto the sidewalk with us, and talked a
little more.  Then the bus started up and it stopped nearby and he
jumped aboard.

Sorry for the long post, but it was great meeting and talking with
them if only for a moment.

Dan
dbrunner@execpc.com