Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject)

Seweryn Bialasiewicz captain_stupendous@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:45:34 +0000

I'd let this thread die out like a bad evolutionary mistake, but I couldn't
help myself when I saw someone throw such a malicious judgement against some
of the people who made my first visit to Australia a memorable one. Not only
did an Australian p'werker buy a ticket for my very first oils show (thanks
Richard!) but he also accompanied me and showed me the best spots to stand
(and what do you know, I caught one of Rob's sticks that night!). At the
Manly shows I met a great group of p'workers up front, some of which
happened to be Krusty and Lou. Because of p'workers, I got to go backstage
and meet the guys (at only my second gig!), something that really blew my
mind that someone would do that for me, and if that wasn't enough, Krusty
gave us a ride home at the end of the night! They are the ones who made the
shows truly fantastic. And what was the price I had to pay? Just a little
bodyguard work up front for Lou! ;) In short, don't feel the need to judge
off of a one off meeting. Some of these people are part of the reason why I
found Australia a country worth migrating to - now don't get your heads too
big on that! ;p

Seweryn