Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Gavin's post

Martin Bradburn mgb@heartlab.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:14:53 -0400

Gavin - Sorry you must have had some unpleasant experience to retort
like that, but I have to say all the
powederworkers that I have corresponded with and met have been friendly
and shared a sense of community
fueled by the our mutual love for the Oils.
 Last weekend I went to a 40th birthday bash for a musician mate of
mine. He had gotten a bunch of his old
band mates as well as his new band to play for the party. I new some of
the guys in the new band and through
the grape vine had heard they were a cliquey lot. Anyway we got everyone
dancing to their set and I was chatting
with them after. They wouldn't have  struck me as Oils fans but at the
mention of the tour, they went off!, saying they loved the Oils and they
couldn't believe they were touring and they were all going to go etc.
Anyway we ended up having some drinks and a good chat and laugh.
  The Oils and their true fans are a special bred, mostly because I
believe they are passionate, compassionate
empathetic and open minded.
- Martin
      'We know others to the extent we know ourselves'
                 - Guitar Craft Aphorism