Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Stronger Than Us

ALEXEI alexeis@usa.net
23 Oct 2001 16:43:39 EET DST

zzz-zz-zz.... <yawn> What's the ado about?  Listen to Brigitte and let this
chance to quarrel slip...

On a less sleepy note: I'm on the list because I love what Midnight Oil
do--musically and lyrically and politically. Enlightened inside knowledge of
the band members' lifestyles, leaked revelations about coming gigs and records
etc. etc. are interesting oftentimes but truly secondary.  In this frame of
mind, I don't understand why should anyone on the list--a lurker, an
old-timer--be upset about and start abusing others... nor can't I dig why
would anyone want to retort with anything but humor.

And now that I'm fully awake, a bitter thought: what chance does this world
have when even folks who have something to share (and it's not a modicum of
common interest 'cause we are talking about a combination of reason and
emotion in reaction to a very, very worthy piece of art and message) come at
grips?  Seems like evildoers have a stronger bond.
Something's funny about peace, love and understanding...

Alexei