Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (no subject)

Mathias Hermansson hermanator51@hotmail.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:16:22

<P>## unlurk</P>
<P>Of course Gavins way of putting it was somewhat inappropriate, but I must give him right in one or two ways:</P>
<P>a) we are all allowed to think whatever we want, but in practice you see far to often how this failes, and people with the "wrong" opinions are getting flamed for expressing them. Even so on this list, which otherwise is a forum for tolerance and reason. Now you may claim that "yes of course you are right to make your own opinion but please don't bullshit other people on the list", but then:</P>
<P>b) I think Gavin has a point in what he is saying. There ARE some people here on this list who are friends of S:t Peter and the others, and simply because of that consider themselves "holier than thou" (probably these people are unaware of this being the case), and this bunch of besserwissers are often just one big mob who make other people frightened of having their say, and therefore feel small and insignificiant. I know that this is nobodys intention, but it is a phenomenon that occurs in your subconsciousness (or whatever that is called in English). In the end it will scare people away from the list, and that is not what we want is it? Or do we want this list to be a "club for inside admiration"? If so, we can consider the Oils being a garage band once again since their fanbase in a soon coming future will be consisting of their personal friends!</P>
<P>I am a member of a baptist church and not very long ago we had the same kind of problem there so I know very well what I am talking about thank you.</P>
<P>/Herman</P>