Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Vegas & Phoenix Shows--Long-Winded, Just like m e

Tari, Vince fstariv1@nmhg.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:32:28 -0500

> The Vegas show was quite an experience for me.  I got to
> learn the meaning of
> yabbo firsthand,

You mean "yobbo" right ?
It seems yobboism has no boundaries. I thought we only had them here in
Oz..........they're everywhere by the sounds of it

> The House of Blues was intimate to say the least.  I wish it
> was nonsmoking
> though, but beggars can't be choosers.

Don't know about other countries, but more & more live venues in Australia
are fast becoming non-smoking. As a non-smoker, i think this is great.
(Sorry smokers !!)

Seeing the Oils & Tim Rogers recently at a smoke-haze free Parra Leagues &
The Basement respectively  was terrific. My clothes didn't smell like smoke
at the end and i'm sure the musicians appreciate the clean air also.

>He picked up a red rose, saw Rob looking over at him, placed the rose in
his teeth
>like a dancer, and did the "uh, uh."  He then continued on dancing like a
>flamenco dancer, throwing his arms up to the right.  Then he took his arms
down
>to the left as if he were a matador and started pretending he had a cape.
>thought Bones and Rob were going to lose it.

Sounds like the guys are having a ball over there. That should fix any
homesickness they may be having.

Keep on rockin'
Vince