Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Anahiem Show

MoshD@aol.com MoshD@aol.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:29:03 EDT

Hi All:

Finally got around to turning on the computer and checking e-mail.  The show
last night went off.  Peter was in good form, made a comment about how fake
Disneyland is and about music coming out of tree's.  Also he commented about
how small the stage at HOB was. He did mess up the opening harmonica of Blue
Sky Mine.  He kind of looked at the harmonica like what the heck was that.
They played three of the new songs last night.  They were all good.  Also Rob
brought his metal water drum (can) and played on it for a song or two. Yes,
the Aussie's in the audience got a little wild, the bouncers kept coming over
and pointing at them to calm down.  Even Peter pointed a finger at one of
them when his buddies tried to hoist him into the air to get down.  Plus the
normal pushing and shoving going on around them, they were a very loud and
vocal group but fun.  One had a Wedge Oil shirt that he wanted to trade Peter
for his aboriginal T-shirt that he had on.  I think the best songs of the
night was Short Memory, and Power and the Passion, and Read about It, the
crowd went off on these songs.  Other songs that I can remember are- King of
the Mountain, Dreamworld, Redneck Wonderland (Opening song), Say your
Prayers, The Dead Heart, Warakurna ( I think, not for sure) , Beds Are
Burning, Forgotten Years, Hercules and others that I can't think of right
now.  Maybe others at the show can add to the list of songs played.  It was
also fun to meet the other powderworkers  at the show Indi, Nathan, Scott and
others.  Also T-shirts are a bit pricey, bring some money they were $30 US
dollars not Australian.  They also only did one encore, which sucked.  The
crowd was yelling for more but the house lights were turned on at 10:45, so
it was a fast concert.  It could be that HOB has an ending curfew since its
on Disneyland property.  With luck tonight they will play two encores.  Also
the opening band was fun and entertaining. That's about all.

Doug