Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] appropriate songs

Goddard, Darren daz@isr.gov.au
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:18:58 +1000

I know that we don't give much credence to the world wide media with regard
to what is happening at the moment (or anything else for that matter) but I
did hear a news report that said that the Taliban have been forcibly
conscripting anyone (well male as women are no better than pack mules in
their eyes) old enough to point a gun in the infidel's direction. The report
also eluded to the humanitarian crisis stating that the average 'guy in the
street' was just trying to get away from this enforced conscription.

Cheers

Dazza

Someone said:

> >Hell the average guy on the ground in Afghanistan is probably hoping we
> do something, are
> >you aware of how they are suffering under the Taliban?

Jussi said:

Maybe the forces opposing Taleban hope to get US arms (although I figure
everyone in Afghanistan already has plenty of that stuff), but your average
guy on the ground probably doesn't care at all and hopes there will not be
an attack. It'll just create another huge humanitarian disaster, the people
want to survive, not to be liberated. You might want to ask them before you
bomb them.

Regards,
Jussi at 6 in the morning.