Midnight Oil

Subject: [Powderworks] Goth?

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:55:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Jussi Korhonen wrote:

> > >Is this CD hard to find or something? How does the digipack differ from
> > the regular CD?
>
> Actually I never saw Breathe in a standard jewel case, just the digipack
> version.. so it definitely wasn't hard to find around when the album was
> released. There's no musical difference, but the digipack CD gets plenty of
> scratches when you slide it in and out of its crappy case.

Is that actually a digipak case? Maybe it is, but I presume that digipaks
are a carboard folder with a plastic bit to place the cd onto. Those are
the only CD cases that I've seen the Digipak trademark on.

Anyhow, the US release of Breathe was an all-clear jewel-case, the
European (and I think Australian) versions were in a mini-gatefold
cardboard case.

You're right though, Jussi, the CD does get scratches on sliding in and
out, which is one of the reasons why I'm currently making copies of all my
Oils CDs.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly