Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] a Powderworker perhaps?

Indi Trehan indi@md.northwestern.edu
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:37:14 -0600

the Chicago Reader (Chicago's free weekly alt-newspaper) has, in addition
to the typical singles ads, a classifieds-like section called "Missed
Connections".  this is where people who meet each other very briefly on
the subway or at a club but didn't have time to get the other person's
name or number can post an ad hoping to complete the connection...

this week there was a rather amusing ad:

MIDNIGHT OIL, SUNDAY night, HOB.  Beautiful, petite blonde, white sweater,
jeans and black boots.  I don't need my earplug back, but would love to
see you again.  Anytime, anywhere!  Mailbox 48750. (exp 11/29)

...so while i think i met all of the Powderworkers at the Chicago shows,
i'm sure there were some lurkers out and about...perhaps one of them
posted the ad, perhaps one of them is the target.  true love awaits.

either way, i wish i hadn't given my earplugs to John. :)

indi

p.s. no, i'm not so desperate that i read this regularly, although it is
most amusing when there's a slow night in the hospital.