Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Another Portland show report

mai kiigemagi kiigemagim@nclack.k12.or.us
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:03:22 -0800

A few more points-

Surfing with a Spoon was on the setlist but not played!

T-Shirts were half price!

Rob came out to play drums for Bleu on Livin' on a Prayer.

Martin sang some do-do's on Dead Heart.

Brave Faces was announced by Peter, and written on the setlist, as Place
Without a Postcard. Is this song not called Brave Faces any longer?

Now which crew member requested Wharf Rat? I bet it was the guy with the
goatee and tattoos. I NEVER expected to hear this song live!

Al is very generous with the drumsticks he catches. I got one too. Thanks, Al!

When the band took the stage in the dark, Jim ran into a post and landed
flat on his back. I couldn't decide if he was being funny or if this was
for real. Did anyone else notice this?

The sound engineer (did not catch his name) played bass on Bus to Bondi.
Which was awesome, BTW.

There were a number of silly things going on, mostly involving Bones! Bones
sat down at Rob's drumkit while Rob was up front. When Peter had his bass
on, Bones danced in circles across the stage, hands flying. I was cracking
up.

I hope Portland always gets the last show of the tour!!

Mai

You know you live in Oregon when...
  you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still raining, & construction.