Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Portland Show Report

Ray Gilstrap ratogi@soe.ucsc.edu
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:36:32 -0800 (PST)

A great finish to the tour.  Capped off by finally getting to meet
everyone but Martin after waiting in outside the cold for a while (he was
there, but disappeared while I was talking to Peter).  Of course, they
were all very nice and happy to talk to those of us who braved the
elements.

During the show, Peter commented that for the final outing they would play
some stuff requested by the crew.  Of course, it was plain awesome.

Set list as played:

1.  Redneck Wonderland
2.  Bullroarer
3.  Too Much Sunshine
4.  Dreamworld
5.  Say Your Prayers
6.  Beds Are Burning
7.  Short Memory
8.  Time To Heal
9.  Luritja Way
10. Blue Sky Mine
11. Truganini
12. Bus To Bondi
13. Golden Age
14. Brave Faces
15. Dead Heart
16. Forgotten Years
17. King of the Mountain

(1st encore)
18. Wharf Rat
19. Know Your Product
20. Sometimes

(2nd encore)
21. Read About It

Of course, my ears are still ringing and my head still hurts.  Of course,
it was worth every minute (and the trip up from California).

cheers,
~r