Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Three days of Wonderland or our Thursday, Frida y and Saturday with the Oils # 1 (NYC)

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.COM
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:07:51 -0600

> >The Brittany land bit and getting all those people up on
> stage during KotM
> >was great. An Aussie bloke we met said they wouldn't trust
> the audience in
> >Australia to do something like that.
>

> it's been done...  i remember them getting about twenty
> people up on stage
> in Perth on the Breathe tour.  i think i was the only person
> in the front
> row who wasn't holding up his/her hand to be pulled up - i
> didn't want to
> lose my fantastic front/centre position!
>

> jeff...

Same thing happened at the Breaking of the Dry concert at the Sydney Ent
Cent in 1995.

PG pulled up about 10 lucky punters onto the stage during Beds, and some
were even given aboriginal clapping sticks (not sure of the technical name)
to clap along with in front of 10,000 people.

And also at Selina's on a separate occassion, people were invited on stage.

Who says you can't trust Aussie audiences ?

Vince