Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Homebake (LMOC)

jo daley joeydaley@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:23:12 +1100

<P>Richard, what a brilliant idea.<BR>I've been wanting to take my son to Sydney as he's never been and an all ages Oils concert would be a real bonus. He's eight tomorrow and knows almost as many words to Oils songs as I do. We'll keep our fingers crossed!</P>
<P>Jo in Melbourne.</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Richard@oils-forever.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: tari@cs.colorado.edu, vince? <FSTARIV1@NMHG.COM>, powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Homebake (LMOC)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:49:16 +0000 (GMT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From : “Tari, Vince“ <FSTARIV1@NMHG.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To : powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;It got me thinking....i'd love to see the Oils play at Homebake, being an
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;all ages festival, they would be playing to a whole new range of potential
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;young fans.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Absolutely fantastic call Vince! - Forget Home Bake and the alternative bands and their deadbeat (no offence intended) fans, I along with many other Oils fans would love to see an all ages gig from the Oils alone - in Sydney, in January, before they head back OS. A day out in the sunshine - Wanda Beach - Moore Park - Narrabeen? The band names the spot and the fans will turn up I'm sure! A chance to celebrate all things Oily with our children (if you don't have one of your own - bring someone else"s). This band now spans at least two generations and it would be wonderful to be able to hear their songs - new &amp; old in the compay of our children.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;This canot be a very difficult thing to organise - and I can only hope that the appropriate persons are cruising the list at this time!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thanks in advance!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Cheers,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Richard
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Get a free, personalised email address at http://another.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;TXT ALRT! Stop wasting money now. Send FREE, personalised txt
<DIV></DIV>&gt;from http://another.com