Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re:: This is the end ... beautiful friends
From: Kevin Yates
Date: 20/10/2019, 8:59 pm
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Howdy all

It makes sense to me to keep this list alive – especially as we potentially move into a new phase of the bands career.

I also joined the list about 95ish and have made some good friends through the group

Cheers

Kev

From: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> on behalf of "Stuart Tangye s.tangye@garvan.org.au [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Reply to: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, Stuart Tangye <s.tangye@garvan.org.au>
Date: Sunday, 20 October 2019 at 8:40 pm
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, Rob <ribman@gmail.com>, "nathan@arrowsmithwebsites.com" <nathan@arrowsmithwebsites.com>

I’m very happy to keep this list going in some way – thanks all!

Stu

Professor Stuart Tangye PhD
Leader, Immunity & Inflammation Theme

Head, Immunology & Immunodeficiency Lab

Professor (Conjoint), St Vincent's Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine, UNSW Sydney

Chair, International Union of Immunological Societies Expert Committee for Inborn Errors of Immunity

a:  384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
p: +61 2 9295 8455  |  m: +61 0413 390 306
e:  s.tangye@garvan.org.au
www.garvan.org.au/research/immunology/immunobiology-and-immunodeficiency

/var/folders/dj/z8tx7x6n3b3gbq1fkpn3frj80000gn/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/Content.MSO/ECF6A3A5.tmp@stutangye

From: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> on behalf of "Rob ribman@gmail.com [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 2:30 PM
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, "nathan@arrowsmithwebsites.com" <nathan@arrowsmithwebsites.com>

Yep. Sounds like a high-shelf choice so far.  Notes:

- yes, sad

- yes, we can reconvene on a new platform without max pain

- no, don't panic

- always Powderworks.org is meant to signpost the past present and future platforms for pw, for just such mass migrations.

- let's keep an email style platform operating, it's still got traction

- let's try to capture and curate the archive of mail, members, images, links, calendar.

- we have 2 months for a graceful retreat/reposition.

Let's keep the chaos low and the transparent cooperation high. Do we (the list) agree on the current admins making arrangements transparently or is there something else to mention as needed/better?

Cheers to decades more oily powderworks, on tech-stacks we don't even know of yet. (Discord?)

Rob (RibMan) Manthey

On 18 Oct 2019, at 5:20 am, nathan@arrowsmithwebsites.com [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

I discovered Powderworks in about 1995 and would like to see it continue. groups.io looks like a good option, because they can transfer the archives from Yahoo. I hate Facebook.

Nathan

NOTICE

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.

-- Disclaimer: The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Brisbane Catholic Education. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between the sender or stated author and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system. Brisbane Catholic Education does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses, malicious software or defects.