Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Sad announcement - fellow 'Worker
From: Miron Mizrahi
Date: 28/09/2019, 12:04 pm
To: "Cheryl H ooiiilllss@yahoo.com [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, Chris Hurd <chris@dvinfo.net>

Midnight Oil

I did not know Steve but it is always sad to lose a fellow tribe member. Please pass my condolences to his family.

Miron

On Saturday, September 28, 2019, 2:56:29 AM GMT+10, Chris Hurd chris@dvinfo.net [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this, Cheryl -- may the man and his friends and family be blessed.
CH

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM Cheryl H ooiiilllss@yahoo.com [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

All,

I'm sorry to have to bring this sad news, but we've lost a friend and fellow Powderworker.

Steve Monaco from Long Island, NY, passed away on Tuesday, September 24.  He was as big an Oils fan as they come.  He modestly referred to himself as a builder, but he was gifted master craftsman, restoring historical buildings and building communities around the country.

I first met Steve at the Vanderbilt on Long Island on April 28, 2002.  A few of us had a friendly competition of trying to be the first to arrive.  That day, Melissa and I got there at 11:30 am, beating out Steve, Brian and Phil by a couple of hours.

We had an absolute blast that day.  Those guys had us laughing hard all day.  I was in so much pain for the few days after that I actually thought I'd broken a rib.

Just to show us up, Steve and Larry made sure to beat us to the next show at the Trocodero in Philly on May 23, 2002 (we beat them the next day in New York lol)

I was very happy to see him again on the Great Circle Tour.  We laughed and reminisced about old times, and I had the pleasure of meeting his lovely wife and kids.

I was told that Steve was normally a pretty quiet, humble man, but I never saw that side of him at an Oils show.  He was vibrant, funny and full of life.

My condolences go out to Brian, his close friend of many years, also a fellow 'Worker on this list.

I've attached a photo of Steve taken at Webster Hall on May 14, 2017.  I believe the photo credit goes to Kiersey (sorry if I got that wrong).

Rest in peace, Brother and friend.  You are surely missed.

Love,
Cheryl