Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Digest Number 2856
From: Joanne Blackbourn
Date: 4/12/2018, 4:57 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, Gary Badger

I agree whole heartedly Gary.
The ridiculous statements of the so called 'real' fans & how they should be rewarded for their loyalty??
The Oils are still going more than 40 years after they started & it's nice to be amongst people who appreciate that...
Glad that sanity prevails on here 😀
Cheers, Joanne.
'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful'-William Morris.

On 4 Dec 2018, at 17:29, Gary Badger garybadger@gmail.com [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

I’m really pleased to see the positivity (or at least an absence of negativity) here on this list.

As soon as I saw the latest news from the band I also saw a whole bunch of corresponding gripes on Facebook whining about the things the Oils are not doing. Eg why no shows in my neck of the woods, etc, etc. Sheesh!

Just a couple of short years ago, a Midnight Oil wishlist probably looked like this:
1. Reformation- done!
2. World tour- done!
3. Box set full of rarities- done!
4. DVD, CD, Blu-ray of concert from world tour- done!
5. New merchandise- done!
6. Additional European tour (effectively providing confirmation that Midnight Oil remains a going concern)- done!

Hard to believe some people (on Facebook, not here) still seem to feel a sense of entitlement.

Though I will say this... if the band were to write new material and release a new album, the circumstances to allow that would probably look a lot like the published agenda for 2019. 😃

Cheers,
Gary.

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Dec 2018, at 4:18 pm, 'Powderlurker .' powderlurker@hotmail.com [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

OK, Rob, if you get that happening, can I reserve a spot at the front with the esky? (full of darwin stubbies, as it happens!)... next to the TV so I can surf the esky if I need to...