Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Overflow Tank audio
From: Stephan J�nsch
Date: 4/09/2018, 4:25 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

If you're willing to pay for software I can recommend DVD Audio Extractor or DVDFab. They can do the ripping of individual tracks directly to mp3 or other formats and they both offer a trial period.

Cheers,

Stephan

Am 04.09.2018 um 06:44 schrieb Ben Keyzer benkeyzer@yahoo.com.au [powderworks]:

Hi
The way I do it is to convert the DVD to mp4 files (a type of video file format common for on the internet) with Format Factory (free download). Then convert the mp4 video files to mp3 with YTD  (YTD is a multipurpose program for converting and downloading), it is also a free download program.

Clear as mud? You can learn how to use these 2 programs easily via Youtube

Regards

Ben

On Tuesday, 4 September 2018, 10:33:28 am AEST, Michael Blackwood blackwood_michael@hotmail.com [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

Hello, Powderworkers

I’m wondering if someone here has any advice about making mp3s of audio from DVDs. I bought the Overflow Tank but rarely get the time to watch the DVDs. However, I have a long commute each day and would love to listen to the audio of the DVD gigs while driving. I have no experience ripping audio from DVDs, though, so I don’t know where to begin, or if it’s even possible with my antiquated PC.

If anyone here has done this and gotten good results, please let me know off-list if you have any advice. I’d certainly be getting more value for my money if I could listen to more of the Overflow Tank as audio while driving!

Thanks,
Mike

(I don’t think this is inappropriate, since it’s about personal use of purchased recordings, but if this is too close to bootlegging please disregard.)