Midnight Oil

Subject: Beds clip - where are they now?
From: david earle
Date: 8/09/2017, 9:45 pm
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Midnight Oil

Hi all,

Just rewatched the Beds clip for the first time in...a decade... or possibly two. With that unwanted reminder of the passage of time, it did make me wonder what happened to the young people who appeared in the clip in thirty odd years since it was filmed.

It also reminded me what a standout clip it was - Indigenous Australians in a filmclip, the Australian outback, starting and finishing with a rusty windmill (there's a name for any aging heavy metal covers bands out there), PG silhouetted against the dusk sky around Broken Hill. Even if the song hadn't been as good as it is, it still would have stood out on MTV.

Cheers,
David