Midnight Oil

Subject: Overflow tank
From: "Jeff and Jane Scott" <jscott@iinet.net.au>
Date: 21/05/2017, 3:12 pm

G’day all

A couple of notes of interest on the Overflow Tank that I haven’t seen mentioned so far.

The version of “Land” on the Chiko Locallo disc is not the same as the released single. It’s longer, and the second verse is totally different and sung by Pete. Sounds like maybe something he put in there while they were waiting for whoever sung that bit on the single to come in and do it.  Which I guess leaves the actual “Land” single as rare as it ever was.

Obviously we all spotted the band version of “Wreckery Road” on there, which then went on the Ghostwriters album. But there is also a band recording of “A Love So High” from Jim’s Alas Folkloric album, under the name “A Sunburnt Sky”.

Anyway, just a couple of observations. Loving the Tank, and the new shows trickling in from the States.

Jeff…