Midnight Oil

Subject: Up ALL NIGHT! EXCITED
From: perrrfection2005@yahoo.com
Date: 10/05/2017, 8:30 pm

I almost never write anything here. I have been a member since 2002, I believe. I found a Midnight Oil cassette tape on a clearance rack at Kmart when I was 8 years old around1986. I loved the cover so much I had to have it! It was my first Midnight Oil album and within one week I knew every word, I was hooked! The album was Red Sails in the Sunset!

Since then every album has helped shape who I became and how I perceived life. Every journey, every heartache, every moment of my life has an Oil song that can bring me right back there. There is no doubt that my younger years we're extremely influenced by the lyrics in Midnight Oil songs. Just like my parents Midnight Oil help mold me Into whom I would become.

Being from the US it wasn't so cool for a Elementary student to be obsessed PG or the Oils in the mid-eighties. As a child and into my adolescence there was almost a loneliness, none of my peers even knew who the band was. It took almost a decade for my mother to appreciated the band the way I did. That was long after my father passed away in 1989. Years later, after she was hooked she's admitted to me she thought it was strange I was so young and obsessed with this particular band. She even considered "me" strange. (I already knew it and didn't care.) Nor did my ex-husband care for the Oils, emphasis on X! (LOL) It wasn't until I found this group that I knew there were people just like me.

I just want to thank you all! Over the years I have so enjoyed your stories, memories and tidbits. I just wanted to express my gratitude... And share my excitement!

 My last concert was 2002 at the Vogue Theatre in Indianapolis. I was 23 or 24. I remember my heart ache when I logged on the computer later that year and read the letter from Peter Garrett, calling it quits. I never imagined I would see them again. MY DREAMS CAME TRUE! (I scored three tickets for the Vic in Chicago before they sold out!) I will be seeing Midnight Oil this next Thursday in Chicago!!! I am bringing my current husband who loves them and my mother! BUT I can barely contain myself at this very moment!!! BECAUSE even more awesome than that, I just scored two more tickets for the House of Blues concert in Cleveland Ohio at end of August. The presale, password and invitation WORKS!!! I haven't been able to sleep all night and just thought I would share! Now maybe I'll be able to go back to sleep? Probably not! Best regards, Angela