Midnight Oil

Subject: Ticketmaster . . . Anything But
From: mossman@pacbell.net
Date: 25/02/2017, 12:14 pm

I don't want to complain too much.  I did get tickets to the Oakland show, I'm excited to see Midnight Oil for the first time, the seats are decent, and my Overflow Tank is reserved.  So all in all, life is good.

But if you'd indulge me for a moment, Ticketmaster is simply terrible.  First of all, regarding the pre-sale, it was never clear which seats were up for sale.  It appears that the only tickets available were for the standing room only area, but I can't say for sure if that's true or not.  One wonders why this was a mystery.  I blame Ticketmaster, perhaps unfairly, but shouldn't they describe the type of tickets available in the pre-sale?

Now my next complaint I feel confident laying squarely at Ticketmaster's feet.  I recently saw a play at a regional arts center, and a movie at a local theater.  The one thing they had in common was that I went online, and literally selected the exact seats I wanted from what was available.  Pretty modern, pretty cool.  Not Ticketmaster.  With them I could only select from 4 different 'zones' and then they would return what they described was "the best tickets available".  Seriously?  Why can't they do what everyone else seems to have figured out?

Having said all that, everything else seems to have gone well, so perhaps I'm being a bit picky about things.  Regardless, there's room for improvement there.

Ok, rant over.