Midnight Oil

Subject: The Big Yellow Book
From: jsprint74@yahoo.com.au
Date: 15/10/2016, 7:13 pm

If you're reading this then you're obviously a hardcore Oils fan like me :-) You know the Golden Age is long past, but you remember the electricity of the live shows and the anticipation of each new album.

Hopefully something happens every now and then that helps you revisit the Oils magic. The Making of Midnight Oil exhibition was a real treat! And now finally a new Oils book! The author is obviously a big fan too. He teases us with heaps of references to live shows that you know he has seen the footage of or heard the tapes. I know there's still quite a few bootlegs I haven't seen, but I get the impression there must be quit a treasure-trove of Oils recordings stashed away. Some of these he claims are of pretty decent quality too. I reckon that if the rare stuff gets released, the Oils might be a bit strategic about it; saving it for a special occasion. Could it be that a compilation of choice archival recordings might be a fine bonus disc to accompany a new studio recording?? hmm...there is talk of them playing again so...who knows? A book like this could be a catalyst.