Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Review of Sydney show
From: Bill D.
Date: 13/08/2016, 2:05 pm
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, "Stuart Tangye" <s.tangye@garvan.org.au>

https://youtu.be/bD5hfetmJuE

Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Aug 2016, at 9:51 PM, Stuart Tangye s.tangye@garvan.org.au [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

Hi all

for those who couldn’t make it to Marrickville last night for the Sydney show by PG & the Alter Ego’s, here a review in todays SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/peter-garrett-review-an-unlikely-funky-soul-diva-comes-out-to-play-20160812-gqqzm9.html

One notable omission from this review is mention of the fact that there was a cracking version of The Saint’s “Simple Love” from their wonderful Monkey Puzzle album. Check it (and any other Saints’ record) out if you can!

It was a great show – attaching some pics (not great quality but you get some idea, hopefully).  I can recommend checking out one of the remaining shows if possible.

The inclusion of a few Oils numbers nearly made the place explode – bring on the reunion. If only they’ll be playing in these sized venues!
Stu

From: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> on behalf of "david earle canadavros@yahoo.com.au [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Date: Saturday, August 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Subject: Re: [powderworks] When too much Oils is never enough... PG mid-tour

Thanks for the link.

Sounds like the reunion plans aren't going with total smoothness. Talk of negotiation, friction and this bit

. The Oils can consider themselves lucky that I'm excited about being in the band and singing in the band because we get a chance to go out and do what we do best."

Sounds like a bit if hard deal making to me-" you're lucky to have me, so cop to what I want"

In politics, that's called negotiation by press release.

But what the heck-just get it together fellas- even if you have to get Metallica's therapist in ( at least he'll unite you on one thing- getting rid of the therapist)

Cheers,
David