Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] In the studio
From: jp1975
Date: 2/02/2016, 11:04 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Midnight Oil

In 2012 the office put Ray Argal in touch with me as he was looking for some specific shows that he was wishing to use in the movie. He worked with the oils filming and recording live shows and some film clips for songs from roughly 1980 till 1985. He has quiet a list of stuff, especially the audio recording from the Capitol theatre in 1982 & the run of shows from the Horden Pavillion in 1984.

He gave the run down of what he was looking to do with this movie and i also gave him a number of recordings for the use. In return he said once complete he would with the bands permission return the favour and give me some of these recordings to be shared to the workers.

Up to now I'd  given up on this as there was never a response to any further emails to him so to see this now is a positive that this movie may finally see the light of day. Although knowing how quality control works with the oils ( Jim & Rob ) i won't  hold my breath on the promise of the favour being returned but the rumour of some possible new recording activity does sound very promising.

JP

Sent from my Samsung device