Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Help request: looking for lost shows
From: Miron Mizrahi
Date: 13/11/2015, 8:51 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, 'Martin Collier' <martinswans@yahoo.co.uk>, Simon Kierse <skierse@netspace.net.au>

Midnight Oil

Hi Martin,

In a nutshell the process is this

1. you need an account on Dime (obviously)
2. you need to read their rules to ensure you comply. they will take down stuff that does not. e.g. you will need to create an info file for each torrent
3. you put all files, including any text files, checksums, artwork, etc, that you want to make available in a folder. note that once the torrent is active you will not be able to change anything in this folder
4. you need to create a .torrent file. some torrent downloaders (e.g. utorrent) have this feature. if not, you can google and fine utilities that do it. I used to use MakeTorrent but I don't do this any more. do not save it in the torrent folder
5. you upload your .torrent to dime
6. you then download your own torrent as per usual but with one difference: you must point the download to the folder you created. your client will check, discover you have everything and start seeding immediately

Miron

How could people get so unkind?