Subject: RE: [powderworks] Info On Inserts Issued with LPs
From: "Simon Kierse" <skierse@netspace.net.au>
Date: 2/06/2015, 12:01 pm
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, "'Mario Tavian'" <mtavian1@tpg.com.au>

Hi Mario,

Just had a quick look at what I have.

All the earlier LP’s I have all have a cardboard insert with the lyrics on them.  PWOP, 10 to 1, Red Sails, D&D.  Diesel also came with a poster.  One side of the poster had a picture of the band and the other side had an excerpt from the book Strict Rules which was written by Andrew McMILLAN about the 1986 BFWF tour.  The chapter on the poster is titled Warakurna.  (The chapters in the book are named after the towns or settlements they visited.  A good read can highly recommend it.)

My copies of Species and Bird Noises have nothing as does my copy of the 12” single The Dead Heart.

The Armistice Day 12” single came wrapped up in a T-Shirt.  There is a good post about this on the MO Fan Page FB site.

https://www.facebook.com/MidnightOilFanPage

I haven’t got the 1st 2 albums or BSM on vinyl yet.  Haven’t found decent quality copies yet.  But I am confident the Blue Meanie has a cardboard insert of some sort.

I was still at Primary School when those 1st 2 albums were released.

So when you got a “Head Injury” at school you went to the sick bay…………………..ha…….

Hope that helps you,

Regards,

SK

.