Subject: Re: [powderworks] It's time
From: Bruce Cameron
Date: 25/10/2014, 2:51 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

PG was never shy about mentioning the Aus PM at shows, but one particularly reference to Malcolm Fraser, in a particular live show from the early 80's, always seems to stand out for me.
When I saw them in 85 the stage had an old telephone box on it that PG used to call then PM, Bob Hawke, for a little chat.

BC

On Oct 23, 2014, at 6:50 PM, "Patricia Daukantas planet_pat@hotmail.com [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

I clicked over to PG's website to see if he had posted any comments on Whitlam's death. PG hasn't (yet), but the "About" section says he's working on a memoir to be released in 2015! Apologies if this is old news.

Cheers,
Patty, back to lurking in Maryland

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:00:14 -0700
Subject: [powderworks] It's time

Sad news (for those on the progressive side of Aus politics)

He scored at least one mention in Oils songs -

Gough was tough 'til he hit the rough,
Uncle Sam and John were quite enough.