Subject: RE: [powderworks] 1993 Concert opening band?
From: "Jeff Bond" <jhbond@nc.rr.com>
Date: 31/07/2014, 10:03 am
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, "'JCC'" <jccuneo@bellsouth.net>

You’re not senile - - - that would be Hothouse Flowers, a mix of Irish/Celtic with rock.  www.hothouseflowers.com  Sorta-kinda like the band Horslips if you are familiar with them.

Jeff

From: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:52 PM
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I saw them in Gainesville (in between the NC and Cali dates mentioned) and could have sworn I remembered seriously Irish music being played.

I guess senility has set in.  Though, if memory is to be trusted, like NC it was outdoor and packed.  I do distinctly remember being second row and having Peter stop the show to tell the mosh pit idiots just behind me to cut it out.

BTW, the Trad on the Prom show I mentioned was awesome.  It was only 2 months ago, so I guess I'm still capable of remembering that far back. ;-)

Did the Chieftans open for MO in their US tour in 93 (would have been
ESM)? I seem to remember they were.

That jogged a memory as I saw the Chieftans (or the remnants thereof) in
Galway a couple months back. In fact, we just happened to catch their
show (called Trad on the Prom) on their 10th anniversary (so it was very
long and filled with a truly ridiculous collection of musical and
dancing talent). By their own admission they love not touring, but
their music was still something to behold.

Anyway, carry on!

Jacques