Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] RE: remasters & preorders
From: koala.sprint@gmail.com
Date: 18/06/2014, 12:07 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I agree with most of that. In the Rain is a standout track for me. With Pete being the sole songwriter I wonder how he wrote it. Is he a proficient enough guitar or piano player or did he just hum it to the other guys? Maybe he composed it all on his harp. ;-)

Stephen
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:11:14 +1000

Is liking RW a controversial opinion around here? Personally I've always felt that it's the best of the post-Diesel albums.

As for Breathe, well. It's got a few great songs, but the pacing is strange. I listen to it with a playlist that drops One Too Many Times and it livens up a bunch.
I do think there's potential there to really shine on a different mix, but...I dunno, it's kinda unique. Maybe leave it alone.

- CJK

On 17 June 2014 16:53, david earle canadavros@yahoo.com.au [powderworks] <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au> wrote:

count me in...but then I actually reckon RW is a ripper, so I'm used to being a pariah

David

From: "'jeremy peisley' jp1975@optusnet.com.au [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:12:08 +1000
Subject: [powderworks] RE: remasters preorders

For those who will be looking to do the pre-order thing for the remasters may want to consider holding off until they are released. For those of you internationally i guess it also comes down to shipping, but for those in Aust i have been reliably told from someone who will know 100% that the remasters will be priced a $10 each thru JB Hifi & Sanity. At present the remasters are not listed on JB & they are on Sanity. Now even though there listed on sanity for anywhere from $9.99 for the EPs up to $15 -$22 for the albums i have been reassured that quote :

Those prices will come into effect day of release”

Cheers

JP

-- Disclaimer: The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Brisbane Catholic Education. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between the sender or stated author and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system. Brisbane Catholic Education does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses, malicious software or defects.   ­­