Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Good vibrations NMOC
From: Stuart Tangye
Date: 17/06/2014, 3:44 pm
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, <koala.sprint@gmail.com>

Its hard to believe the SAME Feargel Sharkey sang Teenage Kicks and "A good heart"………

Cheers

Stu

Assoc Prof. Stuart Tangye

NHMRC Principal Research Fellow
Immunology Program
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria St
Darlinghurst.
Sydney. NSW. 2010.
AUSTRALIA

Phone       +61 2 9295 8455
Mobile      +61 (0) 413 390 306
Fax          +61 2 9295 8404
e-mail   s.tangye@garvan.org.au
http://www.garvan.org.au

From: "koala.sprint@gmail.com [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Date: Tuesday, 17 June 2014 3:37 PM
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

I used to spend a lot of time in Good Vibrations growing up. I bought an LP called Maiden Australia there. It got me into Hunters & Collectors and Split Enz. In it's last closing down sale, I picked up Strict Rules for a couple of quid. I've heard it has since reopened. Again. For the umpteenth time.
A Belfast institution.
As for never hearing the bands....he was responsible for releasing Teenage Kicks, by the Undertones. if you haven't heard that, you don't know music.

Stephen