Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] DVD and remasters details on website
From: powertothepuggle
Date: 30/05/2014, 1:51 pm
To: "Stuart Fenech stuart.fenech@gmail.com [powderworks]" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>, matttowey@hotmail.com

Midnight Oil

I do not have an audiophile's ear but have nibbled at a track here and there out of curiosity.  I can't speak to all the remastered albums, but found some neat nuances on Red Sails.  The first album sounded pretty keen to me (not as layered as Red Sails, just nice, clean and clear).

Generally I take a jaundiced view of remasters, particularly as the muddy sound can be part of the character in a lot of proto-punk and punk records I go for.  I have heard enough to be excited for 20 June and will start with PWOAP and Red Sails.

Eager to hear what the more sophisticated listeners think.

Sent from The Mall