Midnight Oil

Subject: Who'd like a sequel to Scream in Blue?
From: Michael Blackwood
Date: 23/04/2014, 4:34 am
To: Oils Powderworks

Hello, Powderworkers!

I was thinking that what the Oils should do now, to drum up a little interest among the masses, is put together another live compilation that is mixed to sound like a single show, a la Scream in Blue.  BUT, to make it a real treat for the long-time fans, they should make use of the 80-minute run-time of a CD and include a live performance of at least 1 track that originally appeared on each album and EP.  I know it can be done, as I've put together an amateur version myself, using live b-sides and cuts from some of the more high-fidelity bootlegs in my collection. I ran the tracks in the order that they first appear in the official discography, but upon reflection I think a more random, setlist-like order would be better.  Anyway, even if they stuck to a single song from each release, they could still include enough obvious hits for the thing to have commercial appeal.  I know I'd love to have such an album!

hold together,
Mike