Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Box Set want list
From: Marcelo Leismann
Date: 23/04/2014, 5:07 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Agree Mike...
Good call

Marcelo

I want it all!  Basically, if it was ever officially released, but not on one of the albums/EPs, it needs to go on a compilation disk.

Disk 1:  Studio b-sides and rarities of Oils originals and covers (this may actually take 2 disks?)
Disk 2:  Remixes and alternate versions
Disk 3:  Live b-sides and other random live appearances from compilations, etc.

After that, whatever rarities they have in the archives, spread over as many disks as it takes:  Gigs, demos, unreleased songs, etc.

hold together,
Mike

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: koala.sprint@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:16:07 +0200
Subject: [powderworks] Box Set want list

Hi all

There's a website‎ called Super Deluxe Edition (http://www.superdeluxeedition.com) that talk about all the new deluxe edition and ask fans what they'd like to see in it and then petition the record company to get their opinion across. It has worked in some cases.
I'd love to do something like that.
If the Oils released their boxset and it only had the albums remastered and a bonus disc of the remixes I'd probably break down and cry.
Probably if we petitioned this we'd end up with a list of every single live show recorded in both audio and video and every single recorded studio performance, out-takes included.

Stephen