Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Garretts Valedictory speech
From: Craig Lawton
Date: 30/03/2014, 3:25 pm
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Maybe that song had been knocking about for 8+ years before they had an album-ready version

On 30 Mar 2014, at 5:19 am, James Warren <jimcwarren@earthlink.net> wrote:

That's interesting. The guys in the band don't buy the albums, so maybe once in a while we the fans can have a better memory of what song ends up on which album than they do. I could easily see producing a bunch of things in my work (in my case educational documents) and falsely remembering which thing was used when. Remember, it's been over 20 years since the release of both albums!

On Mar 29, 2014, at 11:02 AM, The Oilman wrote:

No, that is probably when they wrote that song. Many of their songs hang around for years until they finally get the words and the arrangement just right.